Don’t forget about the back-to-school sales tax holiday. The holiday runs Friday, August 3, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. through Sunday, August 5, 2012. Clothing, school supplies and computers are exempt from state and local sales tax.
These item’s are exempt from sales tax:
- Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less
- Personal computers – not to exceed $3,500
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $3,500
Find out which cities, counties and districts are not participating on the Missouri Department of Revenue’s website. Please note that Columbia, Ashland, Jefferson CIty, California, Fulton, and Holts Summit are a few of the cities NOT participating. However, the state sale tax (4.225%) will be exempt during the sales tax holiday.
Check out the Department of Revenue’s FAQ section for more information!